TBI is committed to providing our partners with valuable information that helps drive sales and grow their businesses. We surveyed hundreds of customers from several of our large partners, asking them about their current technology and future needs. We talked about everything from their technology assessment cycle to their disaster recovery plans.
What we’ve learned can help you align your business plans with where the biggest opportunities are trending in several key areas. Below are some of the key insights we uncovered:
- It’s not a surprise that security assessments or improvements top the list of technology priorities in 2019. Also on the list are server migrations or cloud deployments as well as Office 365 or Exchange migration and management.
- Nearly 40% of customers surveyed need help designing their security plans; that equals huge opportunities for partners. Assessing a customer’s needs, helping them determine the right solution, implementing that solution—and then ensuring that the solution continues to meet their evolving needs over time can create a long-term stream of recurring revenue.
- Less than half of the customers surveyed assess their breach plan annually. This translates to a great opportunity to educate customers on the importance of reviewing these protocols regularly and how you can help them maintain an optimal cadence.
- Roughly 25% of the customers surveyed indicated they were solely dependent on physical backup for their disaster recovery protocol. There is significant opportunity for partners to help customers migrate their disaster recovery to the cloud, both in hybrid or in fully virtual models.
- Contact Center Solutions are only being used by 6% of the end-users surveyed. This is one of the biggest opportunities for cloud-based migration to take advantage of in 2019.
While having conversations with your customers about the various ways you can help them optimize, secure, and virtualize their businesses, keep in mind that our research has also indicated that cost optimization and incentives are still a primary focus among decision makers. We also found that many organizations are now realizing the benefits of outsourcing all or at least some of their IT tasks, making this an opportune time to offer your services and drive recurring revenue.
By listening to our customers, we can say with confidence that security and cloud migration possess the greatest avenues for opportunity and growth. Together, they can help secure your success not just this year, but in the upcoming years as well.
To get a more in-depth look at the data we gathered from our customers, you can download the report here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
As Marketing Communications Manager, Amanda is responsible for creating content and carrying out internal and external communications programs; she also develops educational materials to enable TBI’s partners to sell emerging solutions. Amanda also contributes to ensuring consistency with branding and ensuring TBI provides useful and relevant content to our partners. You can reach Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with her on LinkedIn.