TBI’s award-winning back office is unmatched in the industry. Get to know the people who make an impact. This month we shine the spotlight on Brian Murphy, Proposal Specialist.
How long have you been at TBI? What is your role?
As of mid-May, I have been with TBI for 3 years. I am a Proposal Specialist, so I work on the pre-sales side of TBI. Within my role, I procure quotes from vendors that best fit an opportunity/request and compile options in a digestible excel template for our partners.
What is your favorite TBI story?
I'm not much of a story teller, however, I will say that my fondest TBI memories are simple ones like:
- My first day at TBI when Cat (Caitlin), Holly, and I spoke about cats (animals) for the entirety of our introduction lunch at Portillo’s.
- Jackie pelting me with her stuffed animals/stress balls on a regular basis.
- My venting sessions with Roberto after a long day’s work on the car ride home.
- The collective groans after Kurt tells a dad joke.
- So many more. We really have the best team and culture here.
What is a personal accomplishment you have attained while at TBI? What personal goals do you have set?
I was pleasantly surprised to have been named Employee of the Month this February. A goal of mine is to pivot into HR. I find the symbiotic relationship between companies and employees incredibly fascinating.
What is your favorite season and why?
Fall/Autumn- no contest. The weather is perfect for hot drinks, long hikes, layering up, and bon fires. The change in the leaf colors is gorgeous. Not to mention, Fall leads into my second favorite season, Winter.
What is one thing that can instantly make your day better?
When my cat, Mercury (aka Monkey) marathon naps on my lap.
Learn more about TBI's back-office support resources, here.